Build and create with these makerspace kits while you are in the library. Please return the materials to the cart when you are finished.
Kit #1: Button Bracelet
- Tie a knot at the end of the string
- Thread the buttons onto the string to make a bracelet
Kit #2: Marshmallow Structure
- Build a castle by sticking the toothpicks into the marshmallows to connect them.
Kit 3: Popsicle Stick Catapult
- Make a stack of 5 popsicle sticks and rubber band them together on each end
- Take 2 other popsicle sticks and stack them together. Rubber band them together on the end.
- Pull the 2 popsicle sticks slightly apart and place the stack of 5 popsicle sticks between them.
- Rubber band the stack of 5 popsicle sticks to just the upper popsicle stick.
- Rubber band a spoon to the upper popsicle stick.
- Place a pom pom on the spoon.
- Hold the catapult with one hand and use the other hand to pull the spoon down. Release the spoon to launch your pom pom!
Kit 4: Cardboard and Straw Building
- Build a house by sticking the straws through the holes in the cardboard tubes.
Kit 5: Musical Instruments
- Use the materials to make a musical instruments
Kit 6: Cardboard Weaving
- Thread the yarn through the needle
- Tie a knot at the end of the yarn.
- Push the needle up the first hole starting from the back of the cardboard.
- Move the needle up and down through the holes until the whole picture is outlined with yarn.
- When finished, take the yarn out of the needle and tie a knot.
Kit 7: Egg Carton Building
- Build a tower, bridge, or pyramid using the egg cartons as blocks!