Any educator currently working at an education facility in Perth County is eligible for an Educator Card. This includes K-12 classroom teachers in public and private schools, daycare center instructors and home schoolers.
To apply for an Educator Card, visit the library with the following items:
- Photo ID (e.g., a driver's license)
- Proof of current address (Proof can consist of a piece of mail addressed to the applicant, a check book or car insurance)
Educators are required to additionally have a personal library card to be eligible for an Educator card.
To get an Educator card, fill out this application form and bring it into PEL
The Educator Card is designed to help make full use of the library's resources.
- Check out most items for double the standard loan period
- Renew most items 1 time (Renewal is unavailable if the item is reserved for another customer)
- Pay no late fees (Payment is required for lost or damaged items)
- Personal library card and educator card accounts are totally separate
- An educator card expires June 30 and needs to be renewed annually
- The card is non transferable: can only be used by the card holder for education purposes
We offer outreach programs to schools, including story times, book talks, theme presentations to support a focus on literacy and learning. We can also provide demonstrations of databases and instruction on how to research or use the library's downloadable collections.
Our staff are happy to speak to parent groups or teachers on professional development days.
Visit the Library
Bring your class to the library so students can become familiar with the library space, our services, staff and the resources we offer. Students may apply for library cards, borrow books, listen to book talks and stories, develop research skills, and learn how to use the library’s catalogue.
Need something a bit different? We can always customize a visit to support your current project or class focus to meet the needs of you and your students.
PCIN Kit Cards
Perth County Information Network libraries and the Huron County Library System have partnered with the Avon Maitland District School Board in a project which will put a public library card in the hands of every student. A library card will arm students with a reliable source of information while also hoping to build literacy skills and promote a love of reading. All students from kindergarten to grade 12 will be given a library registration form which, once completed, will provide them with a card to access all of the libraries' resources.
Details on this exciting project are available on the PCIN website.