WHAT IS LIBBY?
Libby is the new mobile app from OverDrive for reading ebooks and listening to audiobooks for free from Perth East Public Library.
Download the App
Search in the Libby app for the library name, city, or postal code. PEPL can be found when you search downloadLibrary. Or, tap a library under "your libraries" to view its collection.
To save a library, add a card for it (under the menu, look for Library Cards).
You can access your Shelf from the bottom-right of the Libby app.
Even if you switch libraries, you'll find your loans, holds, tags, and activity from all of your saved libraries on your Shelf.
Libby is currently compatible with:
- Android 4.4 or higher
- iOS 9 or higher
- Windows 10
NAVIGATING THE APP
In the footer
- Tap Library to open the library collection you were most recently browsing
- Tap Shelf to open your loans, holds, tags, and activity for all your libraries
- Tap the title circle to open the title you were most recently reading
In the menu
- Tap Switch Library to browse a different library
- Tap Library Cards to manage your cards, like signing in, adding cards, and checking your borrowing limits
- Tap Hold Notifications to update your email address, choose whether your holds are active or suspended, and update your preference for borrowing holds automatically
- Tap Download Settings to update your preferences for downloading titles in the app. Here, you can also choose your device preferences (e.g. to make Kindle your preferred way to read books)
- Tap Feedback to contact support or answer a quick survey
NEED MORE HELP?
All books you read in Libby are accessed automatically through downloadLibrary.